Work at Camp
Join our Camp Staff Team to experience an amazing summer where you will grow and help others. We want to find the right fit for you!
Before sending in your application, click the below titles to learn about the camp roles and see where you will fit into our amazing team of people.
“I am the person I am today because of Camp.” #campconfessions
Update – Jan 21, 2022 –
Healthcare professionals and applicable public health recommendations are guiding our response to COVID-19. Vaccination requirements for the 2022 summer camping season are expected to include the following:
- All staff must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to arriving at camp (currently two vaccines at least two weeks before arrival)
- All campers (including everyone attending, volunteering, or visiting camp) aged 5+ must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to their arrival at camp (currently two vaccines at least two weeks before arrival).
- Valid medical exemptions (in Ontario, a medical exemption approved by your public health unit and displayed on an enhanced vaccination certificate with QR code) must be shared with the camp office at least two weeks prior to arrival. Exemptions from outside Ontario will be considered on a case-by-case basis and at camp management’s sole discretion. Where a jurisdiction has a government process to evaluate medical exemptions similar to Ontario, evidence of such exemption will be requested. If approved, alternative measures may be required (e.g., proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to arrival at camp).
The abovementioned criteria may be subject to change before camp as applicable public health guidance evolves (e.g., if a booster dose becomes required). Red Pine Camp will do everything possible to provide notice via email and through our website should any of these policies change.
Summer Camp Coordinators
The Summer Camp Coordinator’s formal contract period at Red Pine Camp extends from Mid-June through Labour Day weekend with a six day break before Labour Day weekend. The remuneration for the position includes a certain number of days for meetings with the Red Pine Camp Executive Director, participating in hiring of Senior and Junior Staff and review of Staff Manuals in advance of the summer season.
Summer Camp Nurse
The nurse will provide their own personal insurance coverage and a background working with teenagers would be an asset. A large part of the role is responsibility for the physical and mental health and wellness of our staff. The nurse would also adhere to the Red Pine Camp mission statement and objectives. Further job description details may be found through the below link.
The Summer Camp Nurse’s formal contract period at Red Pine Camp extends from Mid-June through Labour Day weekend with a break before Labour Day weekend.
Senior Staff jobs and job descriptions are available at the links below. Apply in TWO STEPS 1) by completing this 2022 Senior Applicant Questionnaire & Preferred Interview Time sheet and 2) THEN sending your resume along with a cover letter as a PDF via the section on the right. We also require two (2) written references which may follow after the cover letter and resume. Applications will be accepted until December 19, 2021.
- Dining Hall Host
- Dining Hall Assistant Host
- Notes re: Dining Hall Dishwashing
- Family Program
- Junior Program Ropes and Folklore
- Junior Program Tuck
- Leader in Training
- Tuck Shop
- Waterfront Director (formerly Facilities)
- Waterfront Programs (formerly Swim)
- Waterfront Boats (formerly Sailing & Boats)
All applicants must complete an online application form and send two (2) Reference Forms which are to be received on or before the end of February to complete your application package.
Leadership Camp Staff (RPLC)
RPLC is a one week leadership camp for teens entering grades 7-11 and takes place the last week of the summer before Labour Day weekend. We are looking for staff who have been involved in leadership experiences in their school and/or community organizations. This could include, but is not limited to student leadership, student council, athletic council, sports teams, school clubs and organizations, youth group, Guiding or Scouts organizations, camp, LIT or CIT programs, 4H etc. Staff must be aged 17+ at the start of camp.
To apply please complete the appropriate Staff Application form and follow the instructions provided. All applicants are required to submit two letters of reference.
Private Rental Staff
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter through the “Work at Camp” form.
Volunteer at Camp
Generations of Red Pine campers have benefited from the hard work and ideas of countless volunteers. Now, more than ever, we are in need of volunteers. An aging property, expanded service lines and changes in regulatory requirements have resulted in a lengthy list of projects, large and small.
How can you help?
Get involved! Take a minute and let us know how you would like to be involved with this summer’s operations through this survey LINK.
Mark your calendars! Plan on participating in RPC’s work weekends. For campers new and old, work weekends involve some elbow grease, but also offer a great opportunity to renew or make new acquaintances.
Volunteering is not only limited to Work Weekends and property tasks (although there are a lot of those!), we are looking for volunteers with a wide range of skill sets. Complete this survey to help us know your expertise. Reach out to our Executive Camp Director to learn how your skills can benefit your summer fun place ~ Red Pine Camp.
To volunteer or ask us questions, contact us via the Work at Camp form to the right or email for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org